Pages

Friday, October 11, 2013

PESO MOVEMENT AT 19 EAST


After the gig, I said Hello to Japs, vocalist and guitarist of Peso Movement. He replied “Pare! Nangyari na itong 19 East gig na pinag-uusapan natin.” I remember chatting with him regarding gig venues with good sound and lighting system. We unanimously agreed on 1 venue, 19 East. I’ve only been here once and was blown away, the owner/s really invested on equipment. The only setback is that the place is hard to reach for commuters like me. I don’t have a car and I live in Manila. Good thing that my 2 good friends also want to watch that night. It will be a mortal sin for music lovers like us to miss that gig; Pedicab + Peso Movement + Peryodiko at 19 East for a door charge of only Php 150.


Peso Movement played second, after Pedicab. I don’t want to sound cheesy but I am a fan of this band. I first saw them perform at Sir Francis Reyes birthday gig last year at Route 196. They were already sounded tight for a newly formed band. Did I just hear Shoegaze music? The sound reminds me of my favorite Shoegaze band, My Vitriol and Hum. The guitar riffs of Sir Francis and Japs were orgasmic. I haven’t seen Sir Francis played with a Fender Telecaster before. Macky reminds me of Incubus’ Ben Kenney while Kurt was steady on pounding drum kit. I watched them next in an intimate gig at Blot Art Studio. From there on, I always watch their gig (whenever I am available) at Saguijo and 70’s Bistro. The band later on labeled their music as Dirty Rock. For sure, I am not the only one waiting for their debut album.





















No comments:

Post a Comment