Pages

Tuesday, October 22, 2013

PERYODIKO AT 19 EAST


I wanted to watch the production of Peryodiko (with Malay, Yosha and Barbie Almalbis) at 19 East for a long time but due to my day job and accessibility to the venue, it never happens. A gig at 19 East that I don’t want to miss finally came, Pedicab + Peso Movement + Peryodiko last October 9. Well, I still haven’t recovered from that Peso Movement + Peryodiko gig last month in 70’s Bistro. 

Honestly, I was surprised to watch them for the first time with a different line-up last month, but to see them again with another line-up, I was shocked. I am really clueless what happened. There are times when I am tempted to ask Sir Vin what happened but I think it is not my business.  New members are Josh Villena of Maya’s Anklet and Autotelic, Ian Tan on bass and Pat Sarabia of Wilderness and Wagyu. For me, there is nothing wrong with line-up change as long they’re still making good music. For example, Smashing Pumpkins, Billy Corgan is the only remaining original member but the band still kick ass.

After hearing their new songs like Ayoko Na Ng Drama and Sintensya (for [Rock] Supremo), my ears told me that the band’s music became heavy and dark. It reminds me a little of Twisted Halo (Vin Dancel's former band). And ooohh the song, Ispeling, instant favorite. I can say that the best weapon of Peryodiko are the words of their songs. Sir Vin Dancel is a genius songwriter.

While waiting for their upcoming EP, check out its upcoming single “Ayoko Na Ng Drama” at https://soundcloud.covin-dancel/ayoko-na-ng-drama.
  
Padayon Peryodiko!

 



No comments:

Post a Comment